Thursday, January 13, 2011

Abortion in our land

As a father with a little girl that is about to be born next month, abortion has been weighing especially heavy on my heart in recent days. I have stayed awake in bed almost every night for the past month praying for my baby girl, and my heart is already with her. It makes me wonder how as a nation we tolerate the murders of millions of defenseless children? And from a Biblical perspective, how long until we receive God's judgment. I pray that on account of the many believers in our country that God would have mercy. God has already spoken on this issue! But in an age where God is mocked and his existence is questioned, his word is not valued. As we say in the Marine Corps, "Stand-by!" Our time is coming. Do not be fooled, what we sow we will also reap.

2 comments:

Michelle Michael said...

Not only can I understand how you feel now, but just wait till you see her face. These feelings will intensify by ten thousand times. It is impossible to fathom how people can not only do this, but allow it to happen. Abortion has been an issue I have always had strong opinions about, even before I fully understood why I felt the way I did. How is it that the majority of people in this country think it is wrong, because of religion or morals (which come from where??), and yet it still legal? Sometimes the brokenness of our political system can be overwhelming! We lost a baby early on in my pregnancy in October of last year, and all I could think was how could someone do this on purpose. I think we lost a child, and others can think, thank god, what a relief! It disgusts me. To end this rant on a Holy note, Watermark has a song titled "Glory Baby" and these are some of the lyrics:

Glory baby you slipped away as fast as we could say baby
You were growing, what happened dear?
You disappeared on us baby
Heaven will hold you before we do
I can’t imagine heaven’s lullabies
and what they must sound like
But I will rest in knowing, heaven is your home
And it’s all you’ll ever know…all you’ll ever know…

For those innocent babies that were stripped away from the life they were given, I will hold you when I get there, for the mothers that didn't want to.

Grant Castleberry said...

Great post Michelle! Really impacting.